Notice of Inshore Council Election and Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations for the FFAW-Unifor Inshore Council for a three-year term of office.
Inshore Council nomination form can be downloaded here.
Women’s Position nomination form can be downloaded here.
At-Large Position nomination form can be downloaded here.
Crew Member Position nomination form can be downloaded here.
Deadline: All nominations must be received at the Union Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Both the nominator and the person being nominated must be inshore members in good standing.
Except where stated otherwise on the enclosed sheet, elections will be conducted by mail.
Some inshore members fish in a different area from their area of residence. You will normally be sent a ballot for your area of residence. Upon request, arrangements can be made for you to vote in the area in which you fish. Please contact the Union office or your Staff Rep for details in this regard.
Ballots will be mailed out to members in good standing in early March 2016.
Nominations can be mailed, faxed or scanned or emailed to:
P.O. Box 10, Station C
St. John’s, NL
Fax # 709-576-1962
E-Mail: [email protected]
Inshore Council Positions
- Pouch Cove to Point Lance
- St. Bride’s to Swift Current
- Monkstown to Garnish
- St. Bernards to MacCullum
- Francois to Codroy
- Highlands to Cox’s Cove
- Trout River to Eddies Cove West
- Barr’d Harbour to Noddy Bay and L’Anse au Clair to Red Bay
- Quirpon to Englee
- Jackson’s Arm to North Head under 40′
- Jackson’s Arm to North Head over 40′
- North Head to Port Albert, including New World Island & Twillingate Island
- Gander Bay to Cape Freels (including Fogo and Change Islands)
- Newtown to Elliston
- Little Catalina to Green’s Harbour
- Whiteway to Carbonear
- Harbour Grace to Portugal Cove North
- Henley Harbour to Cartwright
- Additional Crew Member positions to bring the total crew member representation, including the Crew Member Executive Board position to four.
- Additional Women’s positions to bring the total Women’s representation, including the Women’s Executive Board position, to four.
- Four At-Large positions.