FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA
NOTICE TO FISH HARVESTERS
Apr. 22, 2021
LOBSTER FISHING OPENING IN 3L
DFO advises of the following 3L lobster area opening and closing dates:
Note all opening times are 0600 hours and all closing times are 2000 hours.
– LFA 5 (Bonavista Bay): May 8, 2021 to July 13, 2021
– LFA 6 (Trinity Bay): April 28, 2021 to July 10, 2021
– LFA 7 (Conception Bay): May 1, 2021 to July 6, 2021
– LFA 8 (Southern Shore): May 9, 2021 to July 13, 2021
– LFA 9A (Trepassey Bay): May 9, 2021 to July 6, 2021
– LFA 9B (St. Mary’s Bay): May 3, 2021 to July 6, 2021
Harvesters are reminded that they are not permitted to retrieve fishing gear or possess lobsters during the initial 48 hour gear-setting period after the opening date.
Harvesters are also reminded they are permitted to harvest bait for the lobster fishery as per the conditions of their bait licence.
The Regional Director General, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador Region gives notice that Variation Order 2021-029 has been revoked and Variation Order 2021-033 comes into effect on April 23, 2021.
“Notices to Fish Harvesters” for all commercial fisheries are now available online under the Fishery Notices link on the DFO NL Region webpage at http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/e0004341
If you would like to have all “Notices to Fish Harvesters” for commercial fisheries sent directly to you by email please contact: [email protected]
For information, contact:
Tel. (709) 772-5845
E-mail: kelly.firmage-o’[email protected]
Area Chief, Resource Management
E-mail: [email protected]