October 1, 2021 – FFAW is now accepting applications on an urgent basis for a sentinel site in the Harbour Breton area. You can access the application HERE.
• Level II Fish Harvester.
• Head of an enterprise licensed to fish commercially for cod using the gear types designated at the site.
• Licensed to fish for cod in the survey area of the site.
• Harvesters eligible to apply are harvesters from Harbour Breton.
• Member in good standing with the FFAW (inshore arrears have to be paid before draw).
• Must be registered with the Professional Fish Harvesters Certification Board.
• Must sign a contract to provide required sentinel services.
• Eligible for an experimental sentinel license issued by Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
Please fax completed applications to FFAW-Unifor at (709) 576-1521 or email to Ian Ivany, Science Coordinator, at [email protected]
For more information, please call Ian directly at the St. John’s office (709) 576-7276.