January 24, 2022
The elections process for FFAW-Unifor’s Inshore Council is now underway. As of this date, all pertinent election materials have been mailed to all union members in good standing.
The Inshore Council is the primary consultative body for the fishing side of FFAW-Unifor and meets twice per year. Being a member of the Inshore Council entails responsibility – as representative for fish harvesters in their respective regions or groups, the elected member communicates and consults with fellow harvesters by bringing concerns forward to the union and communicates the work being done by the union to members. Each day the goal is to strengthen our union by improving the lives of all our members. These elected positions are not available to enterprise owners only – crew members, young harvesters and women are encouraged to participate.
- FEBRUARY 7, 2022 – Last day to submit nomination papers
- FEBRUARY 28, 2022 – List of candidates to be finalized by Elections Committee
- MARCH 14, 2022 – Ballots to be mailed to all members in good standing
- APRIL 13, 2022 – Last day for ballots to be received by elections office
- APRIL 18, 2022 – Ballots counted
- FALL 2022 – Installation of new Inshore Council (date TBA)
All relevant elections material can also be found on our website: https://ffaw.ca/ffaw/elections/
For media inquiries, please contact: